CANCELLATION, RESCHEDULING & ENTRY POLICY
We understand that it is sometimes necessary to change or cancel your cleaning appointment due to illness or leave.
We require at least 24 hours’ notice to change or cancel your cleaning day. We will endeavour to move you to another day if space allows. If you cancel your clean with less than 24 hours’ notice a 50% cancellation fee of your regular rate applies.
If you choose to stop your service for more than two weeks a charge of 50% of your regular fee will apply to retain your space, unless otherwise agreed.
If your regular cleaning day falls on a public holiday, we will endeavour to move your clean to another day of the week.
If your regular cleaner is unavailable due to illness or holiday, we will endeavour to send a different cleaner. If there is a permanent change of cleaner, we will notify you.
If either party for any reason wishes to stop the cleaning arrangement two weeks’ notice is required, unless otherwise agreed.
Our preferred method of entry is a secure lockbox hidden on your property. This will also allow management to carry out a periodic quality check (at a time convenient to you). This is also handy if you lock yourself out.
Please ensure your key is left out for your cleaner on cleaning day to gain entry. A charge of 50% of your cleaning rate applies if your cleaner is unable to gain access.
We can clean areas in your house according to the following list and will endeavour to do so to the best of our ability.
We will routinely clean your interior door handles and light switches as part of your regular clean.
All areas are dried with a cloth after surfaces have been cleaned and naturally disinfected.
Regular maintenance clean (weekly/fortnightly) – can include but is not limited to the following:
- Thorough cleaning of surfaces including bench tops, sinks and table
- Wipe down fronts of cupboards, fridge, dishwasher, inside of microwave and top of oven
- Vacuum and mop floors
Living Areas, Bedrooms and General Areas:
- Clean mirrors
- Clean/dust window sills and furniture surfaces using a damp cloth (unless antique and we will dry dust)
- Under couch cushions as needed
- Vacuum and mop floors
- If requested we can change sheets, duvet covers and make beds (an extra charge applies to this service)
- Floor surfaces and carpet edges, moving small furniture items to get under and around areas.
- We will occasionally ask you to move beds forward before a clean so we can vacuum along the edge where dust, skin and hair accumulates
- Thoroughly clean shower (including shower drain waste) bath, basin and toilet
- Clean window sills and mirrors
- Vacuum and mop floor
Note: All initial cleanings generally take longer as we familiarise ourselves with your homes layout, catch up on areas that may need extra attention and get into a routine. As such we generally recommend a more in-depth
clean for all initial regular cleans.
If you prefer not to have an in-depth clean we will catch up on areas in the initial two to three cleans.
CLEANING RATES FOR REGULAR CLEANS
Before agreeing to our service, we will visit you to go through your requirements.
We have two minimum standard cleaning rates that cover a majority of our jobs depending on house
size and number of bathrooms.
Each home is different and requires slightly different cleaning tasks. As such once we have viewed your space we can determine if your job will fit into one of our minimum standard cleans as below.
Each member of our team works to a high standard. Our rates are based on the size of your home and cleaning tasks completed rather than an hourly rate.
Extra jobs requested by you not included in our regular service will be charged at an additional cost.
Larger spaces with extra bedrooms/bathrooms or houses that regularly require extra work will be quoted outside of this rate.
House size of 1-3 bedrooms up to 140 sqm, 1 bathroom from $85
House size of 1-3 bedrooms up to 140 sqm, 2 bathrooms from $100
Unless requested the following areas will not be serviced in your regular clean: Interior of the fridge*, inside of the oven*, inside of the pantry/cupboards*, your laundry, cleaning whole walls and ceilings, loading/unloading the dishwasher
and interior windows*.
We are happy to include some of the above services in your clean at an additional cost to your regular clean rate.
- Interior of Fridge $40
- Interior of standard single oven. $100
- Inside of pantry. $30
- Inside kitchen cupboards from $50
- Inside of standard size windows from $45 p/h
- Change bed linen from $5
Deep clean/one-off clean is a more detailed clean
It can include services in a regular clean and more. Paying attention to areas that are not cleaned regularly.
Based on an hourly rate. We will clean priority areas first as requested by you.
Tasks below that can be included in your deep clean/one-off clean.
- Inside and outside of kitchen cupboards including the pantry
- Inside and out of the fridge
- Inside a standard oven
- Inside and out of all bathroom cabinets
- Inside (only) of all standard size windows
- Dusting of bookcases, top of door surrounds and skirting boards
- Spot clean walls as needed
(Please note as we do not use harsh chemicals; the oven to be cleaned must be well maintained, we will use our products + elbow grease).
We will offer this service based of the availability of a cleaning consultant and when the service is required by you.
Rate for a deep clean/one-off clean
We will work within your budget to get your deep cleaning and one-off jobs done.
We will clean priority areas first as requested by you.
A minimum of 3 hours initial cleaning at $180 any additional hours charged at $50 each hour after initial rate.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS and AREAS IN THE HOME WE DO NOT SERVICE
- Lifting or moving large items of furniture
- Using a step stool higher than 50cm from the ground
- We require all staff to wear shoes while cleaning for safety reasons. If requested a non-skid, waterproof shoe cover can be worn
- Stepping on counters to clean the tops of cabinets
- Cleaning of pet faeces and cat litter trays
- Cleaning mould from walls and ceilings (except in a bathroom)
- Cleaning whole walls and ceilings
- Hand washing clothes
- Cleaning the outside of windows
- Carpet shampooing
- Curtain cleaning
SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT:
Evergreen Cleaning consultants arrive with non-toxic cleaning products, sponges and elbow
grease. These products not only work well; they smell divine too. Some of the essential oils we use are tea tree, orange, peppermint, lavender, lemon, Rosemary and Thieves for their antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal properties.
We do require you to provide the following cleaning items; your own set of at least 8 cleaning cloths, a mop and bucket, toilet brush and a vacuum cleaner in good working order (please check and change your vacuum bag as needed).
We can either leave your clothes soaking or leave them in the tub/bucket for you to put through the wash.
Evergreen’s preferred method of payment is by way of automatic payment or internet banking.
We kindly ask that payment is made on your scheduled cleaning day.
We welcome all comments and feedback and proudly stand behind our work. We will clean areas requested to the best of our ability using non-toxic products. If there are areas that you feel have been overlooked please phone or email within 24 hours and we will have someone return to clean those areas
Management carries out regular quality checks either during or after your cleaning appointment.This is to ensure your cleaner maintains a consistently high standard of cleaning.